All comments added to this site will be moderated within two working days, before they appear online. During weekends and holidays, the comments will be moderated on the following working day.
We welcome your comments and do not discriminate against any views. Disagreements and constructive arguments are acceptable as part of the discussion. However, abusive or insulting comments are not acceptable. We expect the content of posts to be respectful of others.
We will moderate all comments and reserve the right not to post content that is inappropriate, including the following:
- comments that are contrary to the principles of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms [http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/];
- racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, slanderous, insulting, or threatening messages;
- serious, unproven, unsupported, or inaccurate accusations against individuals or organizations;
- abusive, aggressive, coarse, vulgar, violent, obscene, or pornographic comments;
- comments that encourage or suggest illegal activity;
- messages that infringe on copyright or other intellectual property rights;
- solicitations, advertisements, or endorsements of any financial, commercial, or non-governmental agency. Similarly, we do not allow attempts to defame or defraud any financial, commercial, or non-governmental agency;
- announcements from labour or political organizations;
- messages written in a language other than English or French;
- comments not sent by the author and/or posted by anonymous or robot accounts;
- repetitive posts copied and pasted by multiple users;
- unintelligible or irrelevant messages;
- messages that are off-topic and any other message that the forum moderators feel will not add to the flow of debate; and
- messages that infringe upon an individual’s privacy.
In short, be respectful and make sure your comments are relevant to the topic to which you are responding. If you have questions about our policy on comments or how we apply it, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Library and Archives Canada Blog will be available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, and updated and monitored between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST), during a regular work week. We accept no responsibility for lack of service due to WordPress.com downtime.
Asking Specific Questions
The Library and Archives Canada Blog is intended as a community engagement tool and resource for information regarding Library and Archives Canada services. We endeavour to provide general advice and answers; however, we will not be able to answer specific questions relating to your research. For such questions, please use the Ask Us a Question Form [http://collectionscanada.gc.ca/the-public/005-2021-e.php].